- Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Compliments & Complaints
- Contact Us
- Corporate Reports
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Vision and Values
- Who We Are
The Shared Interest granting program has been around since 1997, supporting community initiatives in the following four areas: Community and Family Health; Environment; Human Rights and international Cooperation; and Economic Self-Reliance. In that time, almost 100 non profits across Canada have been nominated and chosen by Citizens Bank for grant money totaling approximately $1.5 million.
Check out the past recipients of Shared Interest awards.
How the Shared Interest Fund Grows
Donations to our Shared Interest Fund are calculated based on Shared Interest Visa* cardholders' transaction activity (the Bank donates 10 cents for every transaction). The Bank also donates 4% of our pre-tax profits** to the fund.
2014 Shared Interest Recipient
In 2014, $30,000 was granted as follows:
- $15,000 to "Women In Need Society" to assist in their winter coat campaign
- $15,000 to Covenant House, Toronto to assist their "Cooking for Life Program", which provides homeless youth skills to prepare them for entry level jobs in food services.
- Community and Family Health;
- Human Rights and international Cooperation; and
- Economic Self-Reliance
*Visa Int./Citizens Bank, Licensed User.
** Calculated on the previous three years' average annual income from operations.